Our purpose is to support owners in their use and maintenance of the Porsche 928 and to foster camaraderie among owners throughout the world.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: 1981 928

1981 928 13 Jan 2021 10:19 #21695

• Johnmack1
  • New Forum Member
I just acquired a 1981 928, that has quite a history. It was bought new by brother in law then out of Lake Tahoe. He kept the car a number of years and grew tired of the interior and exterior paint. He had had the cars interior refinished and decided to repaint the car in 1994. The work was done by a Porsche dealer in Reno NV. Fast forward the car was in a collision, (minor) my brother law lost interest in the car and sold to associate. The car sat for years and then came back into the family. (Me) Thus far the car minus all the little things that quite working over time is in good shape. The paint on the other hand is proving to be a problem to track down the paint color etc. to repaint the replaced quarter panel. The car was originally a red, it is now a color I will describe as a close to a gold. (Porsche painted in 1994... The dealer does not have archives that old of the paint job to assist me. Any ideas? Also, looking for any connections to parts etc. that the club members know about that can steer me to good deals on parts. Thanks for reading. Have a great day.
P.S. I am not shy, here is my number if you prefer to call. 480-540-2641.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

1981 928 15 Jan 2021 20:17 #21703

• rlboriack
  • Junior Forum Member
Just enter the VIN in the Registry and it will give you the information you need. Good luck with your project.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Moderators: Rich928, mm928, billvvOC
Time to create page: 0.167 seconds